First Light Asset Management
Position Description: Associate analysts are responsible for supporting the investment team by conducting due diligence around potential and current investments, generating industry research, and maintaining financial models. Associate analysts must have a strong interest in the health care industry and public equity markets. Any applicant must be open to learning and incorporating investment processes and developing expertise in different subsectors within health care.
- Work in partnership with First Light’s senior research analysts to conduct company and industry research.
- Create and maintain financial models and valuation analyses.
- Update and maintain analytical tools and processes to enable real time trend analysis.
- Complete detailed diligence of clinical trial designs, statistical plans, and probability of success.
- Communicate investment information and analysis to internal colleagues.
- Meet with company management teams and interview physicians, researchers, reimbursement experts, company customers, suppliers and competitors.
- Write company specific reports, disease and therapeutic mechanism summaries, competitive analysis assessments and outline investment implications.
- Conduct company visits and attend trade shows and industry and medical conferences.Comply with firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative in conducting research.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong candidates will have a demonstrated interest in investing and a record of professional, academic and personal achievement.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding quantitative and organizational skills.
- Strong research background.
- Strong financial modeling experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel for work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Position Offers: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits, and an opportunity to contribute to a successful investment team.