Vivo Capital LLC
Palo Alto, CA
Vivo Capital is a healthcare investment firm that has been focused on investing in and building companies in the U.S. and Asia for over 20 years. With approximately $4.5 billion under management, we employ a unique strategy of identifying and working with development stage and commercial stage companies on a global basis. Our current portfolio includes private and public healthcare companies in the areas of biopharmaceuticals, specialty pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
Vivo Capital is seeking an Associate to join our growing team. The Associate will be an integral part of the Investment Team working on prospective and existing portfolio investments. The primary focus will be on managing a dedicated public equity fund within Vivo that invests primarily in development stage therapeutics companies on a global basis. The position is based in Palo Alto.
In addition to meeting all required qualifications, the ideal candidate will need to have a strong work ethic, an ability to articulately communicate diligence findings, and will be self-motivated with an ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Actively source and review new investment opportunities
- Perform scientific and financial diligence in supporting new and existing investment decisions
- Attend medical/scientific conferences on a regular basis
- Provide analytical support to senior management on corporate and strategic initiatives within the Firm
- Work with senior management to enhance the value of portfolio companies
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience in healthcare/biotech equity research, management consulting or hedge fund/mutual fund
- Scientific background with MD, PhD or PharmD
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and strong team player
- Unassailable integrity