Avoro Capital Advisors
New York, NY
Avoro Capital Advisors, LLC is a New York based investment firm focused primarily on life sciences and biotechnology. Our team analyzes opportunities across the spectrum of therapeutic areas, technologies, and stages of development. We believe that a deep understanding of the fundamental science, or hands-on experience with medicine, are essential tools for making investment decisions in our sector. We value the ability to be nimble, open minded, and to take and defend positions that go against conventional wisdom and consensus opinion.
We are looking for an investment associate with a bio-medical background to join our seasoned investment team. The role involves literature searches, academic and investor forum participation, model building, management meetings, and investment thesis generation and support. Primary responsibilities for this role will be to support the senior investment team in new investment diligence and existing investment maintenance. Working alongside a more seasoned team member, the position will offer extensive exposure to the process of making and following investments, making it an ideal role for individuals early to the investing field.
Ideally, the candidate would have the following qualifications, though they are not a requirement:
- Advanced degree in medicine or science (MD, PhD, or MD/PhD)
- 0-2 years of experience in investing, consulting, or pharma
- Experience reading and analyzing financial documents and building models
- Clear ability to communicate ideas through formal notes, summary presentations, or casual discussions
- Exposure to the biotechnology industry either through a direct role or a more passive awareness of the news of the day