Remote/Flexible | Palo Alto, CA | New York, NY
The Column Group (‘TCG”) is a leading healthcare investment firm focused on seed stage and Series A financings. The firm is now launching a new fund vehicle, TCG Crossover (TCG X), that will focus on late stage venture and public investments. The fund is expected to have between $600-800M and will be split 50/50 in private and public investments respectively. By combining TCG’s experience in company formation with expertise in investments in late stage venture and public markets, the firm believes it can provide companies with investment capital throughout a company’s lifecycle. TCG X’s Managing Partner was a former Managing Partner at Vivo Capital, a healthcare focused investment firm with over $4 B AUM.
We are looking for an Associate to join our firm to support our investment efforts in emerging technologies in biotechnology and specialty pharma. As a new fund vehicle, TCG Crossover offers unparalleled growth opportunity for investment professionals who can join the firm on the “ground floor” while benefitting from the established foundation of the Column Group's existing venture capital platform.
- Participate as an active team member in both our private and public investment effort
- Participate in our firm's investment committee process
- Provide operational and strategic support for the investment diligence and evaluation process
- Develop deal sourcing and creation of proprietary investment opportunities
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and investment professionals in diligence and related activities
- M.D., M.A., or PhD in life sciences or related field
- 2+ years of public stock research, venture capital/hedge fund experience or operational experience in the biotech or life sciences fields. If no operating or investment experience, MBA is also acceptable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while executing across multiple projects
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Preference for candidate to be based in San Francisco but open to NYC or Boston.