Novo Ventures (US), Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Associate, Novo Ventures
Novo Ventures is seeking an Associate to support the private and public investing activities of the team in our San Francisco office.
The Novo Ventures team is responsible for advising Novo Holdings, a leading global life science investor, on investments in emerging life science companies. With activities in San Francisco, Boston, London and Copenhagen, Novo Ventures is ideally positioned to reach the major hubs of life science and respond to investment opportunities when they arise.
Based in our San Francisco office you will be part of our team responsible for originating, analyzing and managing Novo Ventures’ global private and public equity investments. Efforts in this area are primarily focused on clinical stage biotechnology and high growth revenue stage medical technology opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct primary due diligence of new investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence discussions/projects with scientists, clinicians, and consultants independently
- Participate in due diligence meetings with company management
- Prepare and present investment materials and supporting documentation associated with potential transactions
- Monitor and assist with management of private company investments
- Build and develop a robust network with members of the life sciences ecosystem
- Attend and report on scientific, medical, and investment conferences
- Assist in board-level management of portfolio companies and attend board meetings as an Observer in select cases
- Collaborating with other areas of the organization to support other Novo Holdings activities
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A strong scientific and/or clinical background, with an MD or PhD in the biological or clinical sciences
- Prior non-academic work experience in management consulting, equity research, investment banking or in the biopharma industry is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and prior exposure to financial modeling is preferred
- Experience working with various databases, libraries and other data sources to assist in researching companies, clinical trials, competitive positioning, commercial opportunities and other areas of interest is preferred
- Professional, quality-conscious, impact oriented
- Motivated to learn the investment business
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Independent and able to make decisions and provide input on issues relating to administration, projects and communication
- Ambitious, proactive and with a structured approach to problem-solving
- Intellectual quickness, curiosity, discipline, resourcefulness and resilience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good relationships
- Ability to work as a team member
Working at Novo Ventures
Novo Ventures offers a unique opportunity to work on the frontier of life science investments, helping pioneering scientists, entrepreneurs and companies bring new treatments and technologies to market.
In addition, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious organization where:
- Clear values and ideals define the framework for sustainable business practices
- Skilled colleagues and stimulating projects offer an inspiring work environment
We offer a competitive salary package and you will be trusted with significant operational freedom. You will enjoy the opportunity to be part of a dedicated, international and dynamic team with diverse backgrounds.