APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE CV, COVER LETTER, AND HEALTHCARE STATEMENT (SEE BELOW)
YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT ALL MATERIALS INCLUDED
About HealthQuest Capital
HealthQuest Capital (“HealthQuest”) is a healthcare growth equity firm with $850M+ assets under management, based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are currently investing out of our third fund ($440M+ committed capital) and are seeking to add an Associate to the investment team.
HealthQuest invests in transformative companies that are improving value in the healthcare system, and invests across medical devices, diagnostics, digital health, and innovative healthcare services. The team is comprised of individuals with deep investing, operating and clinical experience across the healthcare industry. The team works collaboratively, and partners with promising management teams to build companies and realize value. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to build an exciting well-rounded healthcare investing career with a passionate team.
Competencies and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
- MD degree
- 1-3 years of business experience in healthcare-focused investing, investment banking, consulting or operating roles
- Strong research skills
- Ability to synthesize problems quickly and formulate a plan of action to drive to a solution
- Very strong modelling and valuation skills
- Strong communication skills with various stakeholders including partners, co-investors and portfolio company CEOs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Generate investment ideas and potential deal opportunities through research, expert calls, industry networking, conferences etc.
- Evaluate and diligence of potential investments including: scientific/clinical assessments, market analysis, financial modeling and conducting primary and secondary research
- Portfolio management activities, and continuous evaluation of metrics at the firm, portfolio and investment level
- Supporting transaction negotiations and execution
- Continuously expand knowledge of the healthcare industry, not only in private equity ecosystem, but also in context of public markets
Personal Attributes (find HealthQuest’s values here):
- Energetic, positive and ambitious
- Humble, minimal ego, receives and implements feedback
- Takes initiative and actively identifies opportunities
- Works independently to drive tasks to completion
- Insatiable curiosity and passion for healthcare
- Good judgement
- Highly organized, skilled multi-tasker
Please submit the followin (ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT SUBMIT ALL COMPONENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- Cover Letter
- One paragraph summarizing one healthcare theme you are excited to invest in