New York, NY
Walleye Capital is a Minnesota-headquartered asset management firm consisting of approximately 175 employees. Founded in 2005, the firm manages ~$2.5B of investor capital predominantly through two core multi-strategy hedge funds spanning a wide array of strategies, including Volatility, Equity Long/Short, Quant, Event-Driven, and Macro. The Walleye Opportunities Fund ("WOF") launched in September 2018 and aims to generate attractive riskadjusted returns through a diversified portfolio of over 60 strategies, including an internal multi-manager platform focused on sector-focused, long/short investment strategies. The Firm has primary offices in Minnesota, New York, Boston, Chicago, Austin, and San Francisco.
The Analyst will support a senior therapeutics Portfolio Manager on all matters related to the research process. The environment is team based, collaborative and intellectually stimulating. The Portfolio Manager recieved Neuroscience PhD and had prior experience as management consultant. Investing style is fundamental driven, based on deep understandings in science and medicine.
- Compile and critically analyze data from medical literature and SEC filings
- Participate in medical and buyside conferences (includes travel)
- Meet and maintain relationship with management teams
- Build market and valuation models
- PhD or MD degree preferred but not required
- Prior investment, equity research, or investment banking experience desirable but not required. Industrial or consulting experience in drug development valued
- Financial statement analysis ability not required. Need proficiency with excel modeling
- Detail orientated, able to multi-task, able to build relationships with company management teams
- Passion for biotech investing
- Please include GPA and standardized test score
- For candidates without prior investing, equity research or investment banking experience, please include any activities that demonstrate interests in investing (e.g., personal account investing, investment club participation)