Verition Fund Management, LLC
Greenwich/NYC based multi-strategy, multi-manager hedge fund platform focused on global investment strategies including Quantitative Trading, Convertible, Credit and Volatility Trading, Equity Long/Short & Capital Markets Trading, Event-Driven investing, and Canadian Strategies.
We are looking for an Analyst to support a Portfolio Manager in fundamental analysis of biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Prior investment experience is not required. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with scientific/medical background and/or relevant healthcare experience who are passionate about healthcare investing. Over time successful analysts could be given the opportunity to grow within the team/fund.
- Conduct in-depth analysis on various therapeutic areas and/or pipeline & marketed drugs, including:
- Collect, analyze and interpret scientific and clinical data.
- Build market/product/valuation models.
- Conduct financial diligence, including analysis of SEC filings, quarterly earnings calls, and building financial/valuation models.
- Attend sell side and medical conferences.
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences related disciplines preferred (M.D., Ph.D., or M.S.). B.S. in biomedical sciences/premed will also be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in biopharma industry, healthcare consulting, investment banking, sell-side research and/or buy-side experience preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional conceptual and quantitative analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of basic accounting and financial modeling (CFA level 1 equivalent).
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
- Good oral and written communications.