San Diego, CA
Boxer Capital, of Tavistock Group, is seeking a full-time Science Writer to join our biotechnology investment team in San Diego. Boxer Capital is a healthcare-focused investment firm whose mission is to identify biotechnology companies that aim to drastically improve medicine. Our goal is to recognize innovation in biotechnology and aggressively pursue investment opportunities. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about understanding novel therapies, targeting unmet medical needs, and who desires to learn more about investing in biotechnology. Please note that this is NOT an investing role.
This role is to be based with our team in San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities of the Science Writer include:
- Writing and summarizing technical content in a timely and proficient manner
- Distilling key research findings and synthesizing content generated by the Boxer Capital team into written work that is both detail-focused and engaging
- Attending and documenting meetings, conferences and key opinion leader discussions in great technical detail
- Maintaining an understanding of current trends and being able to thoughtfully speak on the latest developments in the healthcare sector
- Working collaboratively across internal teams
Desired qualifications include:
- Degree in a life science field is required
- 1-3 years professional experience in the medical, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry (biotechnology equity research experience is a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in technical writing and editing
- A passion for science and medicine with strong desire to learn about the biotechnology investing industry
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time while meeting aggressive deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and in teams
- Detail-oriented, mature, conscientious, and trustworthy
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
About Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group:
Boxer Capital, LLC, is a private biotechnology investment fund based in San Diego, California that invents and invests in new therapeutics across multiple indications in order to create value through improved patient care and outcomes. Founded by the life sciences team at Tavistock Group in 2005, Boxer Capital invests in private and public companies representing the entire drug development lifecycle - from early-stage pre-clinical discovery assets to late-stage clinical and commercial stage companies. Through disciplined analysis, our research and investment team identify opportunities to invest throughout the business life-cycle - from long term positions with mature biotechnology companies that have strong leadership and high growth potential, to building new biotechnology companies from the ground up.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your interest in the role and qualifications.