Neuroscience Biotech Analyst
Altium Capital Management
New York, NY
Altium Capital Management is a NY-based alternative investment manager primarily focused in the Healthcare industry. Our CEO, Jacob Gottlieb, has over 20 years of healthcare hedge fund investing experience, developing successful teams of investment professionals and business management staff. Our team includes medical doctors, scientific professionals, and experienced fund managers who work together to uncover unique investment insights to produce superior returns.
At Altium Capital, we look for intelligent, motivated people who want to learn and develop their careers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative team approach, positive culture and firmwide integrity.
Overview of Neuroscience Biotech Analyst Role:
We are seeking a neuroscience-focused biotech research analyst to work with our existing team. Candidate must have direct biotech therapeutics investment research experience (buy-side preferred, or sell-side with very strong direct neuro experience). The candidate will work on investment opportunities, monitoring companies/events, tracking of market dynamics, financial modeling, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and identify investment opportunities by interpreting complex medical, scientific and technical data
- Track and update portfolio company and industry news/events
- Manage internal valuation models, dashboards, and universe tracking
- Interface with investor relations, companies, KOL’s, roadshows, conferences, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of buyside or sell-side experience analyzing neuroscience focused biotech companies (additional relevant neuroscience work experience is a plus)
- PhD in neuroscience preferred (alternately, relevant Undergrad+Master’s degree)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch ideas
- Financial and data analysis, including financial statements and modeling, market and pricing estimates, and clinical data (background in statistics a plus)
- Professionalism, maturity, self-starter, and attention to detail and process
Please apply with resume.
No recruiters please.