Investment Research Associate - Life Sciences
CaaS Capital Management
New York, NY
CaaS Capital Management invests across all regions, industries, and capital structures. We strive to create an environment where our employees are regularly challenged, rewarded, trained, and empowered to have a significant impact and add value.
We are looking for an intellectually curious individual to join the healthcare team as a Life Sciences Investment Research Associate. The position would be based in our midtown Manhattan, New York office.
Perform technical analysis on prospective and ongoing investments in healthcare
- Review clinical data, mechanism of action and the preclinical development package of drug assets, including in vitro, in vivo, efficacy and safety data, clinical trial design and regulatory correspondence
- Identify primary technical risks and opportunities
- Competitive analysis to benchmark against other approaches / technologies
Prepare and maintain internal documentation on potential investments/portfolio companies
- Log, maintain and update potential investments /portfolio companies in CRM, including company meeting and diligence effort notes
- Track and manage investment documents including NDA, investment memo and closing packages
Assist in deal sourcing through therapeutic/disease landscape analysis, database research, industry news, conferences and events
During the investment due diligence process, the Assoicate will develop broad familiarity with life sciences industry pipeline, history, and latest news, have the opportunity to meet with executive and scientific management from leading companies, interview industry experts, attend industry conferences, and visit potential investment/portfolio companies.
- A strong scientific and/or clinical background, with a preference for candidates with a Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology or neuroscience
- High degree of familiarity with drug discovery, development and regulatory processes
- 1-2 years work experience in equity research, venture capital, or consulting firm with a healthcare focus is preferred
- Experience working with various databases, libraries, and other data sources to assist in researching companies, clinical trials, competitive positioning, commercial opportunities and other areas of interest is preferred
- Exceptional work ethic
- Passion for biotechnology and drug development
- Academic excellence and exceptional intellectual curiosity
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong problem-solving skills on issues relating to administration, projects and communication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
Interested candicates are encouraged to submit work examples (analysis of a company, a stock, a therapeutic area, a drug asset, etc.) along with the resume. (Please do not include any confidential/material non-public information).