Equity Research Associate - Biotechnology
New York, NY
What is the position? We are looking for a Research Associate to support our equity coverage Biotechnology companies on the #1 ranked team on the Street. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic and should be comfortable working independently as well as in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. Prior work experience in a scientific field is preferred; equity research experience is not required. Evercore offers high quality, collegial, and collaborative environment and a rapidly expanding research platform where exceptional contributors can look forward to longer-term career opportunities. This position is located in New York (with some flexibility).
- Author industry and company-specific research reports
- Deep analysis of scientific literature to inform investment theses and analysis of therapeutic areas
- Assist team in expansion of coverage through initiation reports
- Oversee data collection and monitor investor news services
- Develop and update company-specific and industry financial models
- Perform financial and valuation analysis of covered companies in the biotechnology space
- Other duties as necessary
- Ability to analyze scientific literature and data
- Excellent communication skills; the job entails significant writing and PowerPoint responsibilities
- Demonstrated interest in corporate finance & equity markets
- Exceptional analytical capabilities
- Scientific background preferred
- Prior experience in life sciences investment banking, equity research, consulting or industry a plus but not required
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams, and shareholders - including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public, private capital, delivers equity research, equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth individuals. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Evercore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
Expected Salary Range: $100,000 - $125,000