Equity Research Associate, Biotechnology
New York, NY
BTIG seeks an Equity Research Associate to join the Research team in our Boston or New York office. The Associate will be responsible for assisting a Senior Analyst in the Healthcare sector focusing on Biotechnology. The main focus of this role will be conducting primary research, including financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management and strategies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated and hard-working individual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial models for use in analysis, company updates and recommendations for clients
- Keep senior analysts abreast of daily news flow
- Conduct industry and company specific research through surveys, polling with physicians, speaking with Key Opinion Leaders, and other primary data collection methods for use in research reports
- Assist in writing comprehensive reports on research ideas; investment themes, data analysis; industry/company breaking news; and initiations of coverage
- As associates develop, they will maintain relationships with company management teams; industry contacts; internal sales and trading personnel; and institutional investors
Requirements & Qualifications:
- PhD or MD preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in investment banking or equity research preferred
- Strong work ethic, resourcefulness, and the ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to create and maintain financial models and forecasts
- Demonstrated interest in Biotechnology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Solid work ethic and superior attention to detail
- Series SIE, 63, 86 & 87 licensing preferred, but not required upon hiring
- BTIG offers competitive compensation and is required by law to include an estimate of the salary range for each role. Salary range is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, location, years of applicable experience, skills, qualifications, licensure and certifications, and other business and organization needs.
- The current base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000 per year. Please note that certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as discretionary bonus.
- Must be authorized to work full time in the U.S., BTIG does not offer sponsorship for work visas of any type
- No phone calls please, the applicant will be contacted within two weeks if successful
BTIG is a global financial services firm specializing in institutional trading, investment banking, research and related brokerage services. With an extensive global footprint and more than 600 employees, BTIG, LLC and its affiliates operate out of 18 cities throughout the U.S., and in Europe, Asia and Australia. BTIG offers execution, expertise and insights for equities, equity derivatives, ETFs and fixed income, currency and commodities (futures, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates, credit, and convertible and preferred securities). The firm’s core capabilities include global execution, portfolio, electronic and outsource trading, transition management, investment banking, prime brokerage, capital introduction, corporate access, research and strategy, commission management and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. BTIG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.