New York, NY
Lynx1 Capital, a biotech-focused equity long/short hedge fund, is seeking a Biotech Analyst to join their investment team. This position is ideal for someone with a background in evaluating novel therapies to treat unmet medical needs, who seeks to apply their medical and scientific expertise towards investing in biopharmaceutical innovation.
Lynx1 Capital is looking to hire an additional investment analyst for the launch of the fund in 2H20. The analysts will work collaboratively and directly with both other analysts and the Portfolio Manager and have the unique opportunity to help build a world-class investment organization from inception.
- Analyze data from clinical trials and pre-clinical experiments
- Evaluate drug pipelines by attending medical conferences, reading scientific journals, and speaking with key experts
- Attend investment conferences and interview company management
- Closely monitor clinical, regulatory and reimbursement developments
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (MD or PhD preferred, MS considered depending on research area)
- Ability to review scientific literature effectively and efficiently and to analyze preclinical and clinical trial datasets
- Passion for public market investing and a deep knowledge of the biotech industry
- Track record of outstanding academic performance
- Proven ability to conduct primary research and analysis in a life science related position
- Ability to think critically and communicate in a concise & organized manner
- Strong competitive spirit
- Strong integrity, interpersonal skills & work ethic
- Prior sellside, buyside, or company experience in biotech preferred, but not necessary