Associate, Health Care Investment Banking, New York
New York, NY
IBCM, Healthcare, ASO, New York #157568
US – New York | Full-time (FT) | Job ID #157568
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
An opportunity to join the Healthcare Group in New York as a full-time Associate. The Health Care Group covers a variety of sectors including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, specialty pharmaceuticals, medical devices/tools, distribution/PBMs, hospitals & alternate sites and managed care.
Investment Banking Associates work on a broad array of domestic and international transactions. Our bankers execute mergers and acquisitions, raise capital for clients, guide companies through financial restructuring, discuss strategic alternatives geared towards competitive growth, and provide other advisory services. As an associate you will work alongside some of the industry’s best and forward-thinking bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies. Our clients span all industries and regions, and through the coverage and deal teams, Associates get the chance to have high visibility, impact and recognition. Credit Suisse’s Associates assume a high degree of responsibility for both project management and client relationship building through a wide array of activities.
Associate responsibilities include:
- Working with senior coverage officers to develop innovative solutions for client companies
- Building complex models that help companies understand how they are valued by the market
- Following an industry to learn the key drivers and trends that influence companies’ decisions
- Helping management teams craft the storyline to position their companies for sale
- Traveling with clients on road shows and with senior bankers on site visits
- Building a network of colleagues both inside CS and outside that will strengthen your career throughout your professional life
Interested candidates must have an exceptional academic pedigree, including a higher degree in a life science-related field (PhD, PharmD, or MD) . Ideally the candidate will have a year of related life science business experience (corporate biotech, consulting, buy-side, sell-side, and/or investment banking). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks candidates with a common set of abilities:
- Proven academic achievement, specifically in finance and accounting
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills!
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail?
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Solid interest in the financial sector
- Proficient PC skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.