Hudson Bay Capital
New York, NY
Hudson Bay is a $20 billion dollar global investment management firm operating in Greenwich, New York, Miami, Boston, London and Dubai. We have been managing assets on behalf of outside investors since 2006.
We target traditional and non-traditional sources of alpha by employing multiple absolute return strategies, utilizing rigorous fundamental analysis, and seek to identify growth opportunities that are uncorrelated to each other and to market indices. We believe this scalable, repeatable investment process has enabled us to generate consistent, risk-adjusted returns through varying market conditions.
Our dedicated team seeks to achieve outstanding performance by recognizing market inefficiencies and undervalued investment opportunities while maintaining a focus on risk management and capital preservation. We encourage collaboration between our portfolio management teams which creates cross-pollination of ideas across strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual in this role will work as a member of the investment team that focuses on pre-commercial and commercial therapeutics. The individual will work under a senior analyst and a portfolio manager. The individual will support the process of evaluating publicly traded securities, conducting independent research and analysis, and assisting in the execution of investment strategies.
- Conduct fundamental research on individual companies and their therapeutics (commercial and pipeline products).
- Analyze public companies through literature searches, company filings, investigative research, and primary diligence.
- Create presentations and financial models for investment presentations.
- Analyze and organize news and events (e.g. scientific and clinical trial data).
- Interface with the biotech and pharma community through attending academic and investor forums
To be successful in this role, an individual must have a combination of scientific/medical knowledge, a foundational understanding of statistics, analytical abilities, critical and creative thinking, ability to think quickly and interpersonal skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in healthcare investing or other relevant healthcare industry experience with a focus on therapeutics such as consulting or Pharmaceutical/Biotech business development.
- Advanced degree in science or medicine (MS/MA, MD, PhD, or MD/PhD).
- An understanding for the drug development lifecycle and commercialization.
- Basic financial acumen in the healthcare sector with experience reading and analyzing financial documents public filings.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills with the ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions from information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Comfort speaking to high level executives.
- Organized, detail-oriented personality with the ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly efficient, strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong work ethic, tenacity, and adherence to the highest standards of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and multitask within the context of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of urgency and interest.